In today’s article, we will bring out all the information that you need to start your Bright Line Eating diet. With the help from the 12 Bright Line Eating breakfast recipes, Kerri Ann Jennings promise that you will find the recipe that suits you best!
What is the Bright Line Eating?
Bright Line Eating is quite famous in the dietary field
Bright Line Eating is simply an eating method that focuses on eating healthy and logically for a period of 6 weeks. This eating program will be helpful for people who are struggling with an eating disorder (not eating anything or eating out of control).
In this article, we will focus on making breakfast following the Bright Line Eating method. In 12 Bright Line Eating breakfasts, it is said that you need to consume these nutrition formula in your everyday breakfast meal plan:
- Protein: 1 serving
- Grains: 1 serving
- Fruits: 1 serving
For each type of nutrition, we highly recommend you to use these foods for the best results:
In the protein session, you should eat:
- Yogurt or milk: It is recommend that using soy milk or almond milk instead of normal milk will be much healthier
- Cottage cheese or Ricotta cheese
- Hummus or tofu
- Seeds or nuts
In the grain session, you should eat:
- Potatoes (sweet or normal ones are OK! )
- Oatmeal/ oat bran/ wheat or quinoa flakes
In the fruits session, you should eat:
- apples, pears, oranges or grapefruits
- various types of berries
The very first breakfast in the Bright Line Eating method that we are gonna introduce you today is the famous, delicious and easy baked oatmeal cups! These are simply the mixture of uncooked old fashioned oats with milk, sweeteners and some other ingredients. Let’s take a closer look at the recipe!
Famous baked oatmeal cups will be a great start for your day!
- Some old fashioned oats
- Plant based milk: You can use any kinds of milk (whole cream, skimmed fat and etc) but do not use sweetened milk
- Sweeteners such as syrups or honey
- Baking powder and a pinch of salt
- Extra ingredients: To add some flavors into your baked oatmeal cups, you might wanna add some fruits into it
- Step 1: First, add milk, syrup, extra ingredients such as seeds and nuts into a large bowl. Whisk until it is all combined together.
- Step 2: Next, put all the remaining ingredients into a bowl then mix. Let the mixture sit for 15 minutes or more so that it will thicken up. This process creates the thickness of oatmeal cups.
- Step 3: When the mixture is ready, use a scoop to scoop the batter into the oatmeal tin. Then bake them for 20 to 30 minutes until they are cooked fully. Let them cool then store them in the fridge with a ziplock bag.
These homemade oatmeal cups can be stored in the refrigerator for 5 days. If you keep them in a freezer, they can be used for 6 months.
Remember, before eating those baked oatmeal cups, you have to put them in the microwave to heat up.
- 1 cup of egg whites. You can use 1 egg and ½ cup of egg whites if you’re not used to eating egg whites.
- ⅓ cup of oatmeal
- 6 ounces of strawberries
- Instructions on making egg – oat crepes:
- Step 1: In a large whisking bowl, beat in the eggs. Separate yolks and egg whites Then, whisk the white eggs nicely, then add in the oatmeals.
- Step 2: Blend the egg whites with the oatmeal by a blender.
- Step 3: Next, put a small pan over a low heat. Pour in some butter and wait until it is melted nicely.
- Step 4: Then, gently pour ½ of the batter that we’ve made on the pan/skillet to make a wrap. Cook it on both sides until the crepe turns into a nice warm golden brown color.
- Step 2: Repeat that step with the rest of your batter mixture. Serve with strawberries and whipped cream if you like!
Another great breakfast that is made from oatmeal! Overnight oatmeal is a simple dish that is made from the night before, which is very easy, but the result is absolutely outstanding!
Base overnight oats:
- A half of cup of rolled oats
- A half of cup of dairy milk
- ¼ cup of Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp of chia seeds
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup
- ¼ cup of small strawberries: smash into jams
- 1 scoop of protein powder
- 1 tbsp of sliced almonds
- A half of tsp of vanilla extract
- Step 1: First, add all the ingredients into a large bowl and mix it until they are all combined. Pour milk and add the Greek yogurt into it then whisk until they are combined together thoroughly.
- Step 2: Next, let the mixture soak in the fridge for overnight 8 hours (If you are in a hurry, you can soak the mixture for 2 hours in the fridge). This will create a creamy thickness to the oatmeal.
- Step 3: In another bowl, put all the strawberry protein ingredients into it then mix. Pour the mixture over your overnight oats then enjoy it!
A light sweet will bring up your joy!
- 3 oz of banana
- 1 oz of nuts butter
- 1 egg
- 1 oz of oat
- ½ tsp of cinnamon (optional)
- 3 oz of berries
- Step 1: In a large bowl, put all the ingredients (except the berries) into it then mix all they are combined.
- Step 2: Lightly spray the muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. You can use the baking sheet instead of spraying.
- Step 3: Put your berries into the batte, then gently fold them until those berries are covered by the batter.It’s okay if you want to put the berries on top of the batter when it’s in the baking tin (before baking of course)
- Step 4: Gently pour the batter that we’ve just made into 5 to 6 muffin tins.
- Step 5: Then, bake our muffins at 175 Celsius degrees for 22 to 25 minutes. Once the muffins are done, let them aside to cool down then enjoy.
- 1 frozen banana: cut into small pieces
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract or scraped vanilla bean
- 1/2 tbsp chia seeds or flaxseed,, optional
- Some ice cubes (optional)
- Step 1: Add all the ingredients into a blender. Next, blend the mixture until it is smooth. Then, taste and adjust the flavors depending on your appetite.
- Step 2: Add some ice cubes to the blender then blend. Serve while it is still fresh and cool.
- Protein: 2 eggs
- 4 ounces of sweet potato
- 1 medium of banana
- Required machine: Waffle-making machine.
- Step 1: Shredded 4 ounces of sweet potatoes.
- Step 2: Beat 2 eggs into a potato bowl then stir nicely.
- Step 3: Gently spray the cooking spray on a hot waffle machine, then, pour the batter mixture on it till it is cooked nicely and thoroughly.
- Step 4: Serve with fruits. Enjoy while it is still hot.
- ⅓ cup of egg whites and ⅓ cup of fat free cottage cheese
- ⅓ cup of oats
- A half of cup strawberries
- Step 1: Use a blender, put all the ingredients into a blender then blend until it is all combined.
- Step 2: Put a small pan or a skillet over a medium heat. Melt a little bit of butter over the pan, then pour ¼ cup of batter mixture over it. Once the cake is firm and turns yellowish, flip.
- Step 3: Cook on both sides until the cake is golden brown. In another bowl, smash the berries. Serve the berries with cakes that we just have made.
And that is all the information about Bright Line Eating recipes that you need to know. We hope you can choose your best Bright Line Eating breakfast recipe that fits you most. And yes, to get more recipes and information about the Bright Line Eating, go to Bright Line Eating Breakfast recipes! If you find our article helpful, please share it with your friends and loved ones.