ID.me is a trusted technology partner with various health departments and government companies. With ID.me IRS, you can identify the verification of your account. If you already have an account on ID.me, you have to sign with the email or IRS username. This article will discuss how you can identify the version with the IRS.
Identity Verification of ID.me
Before the verification of the identity, you need the following things;
- Email address
- ID picture
- Computer or laptop with a camera
- Mobile phone
If you are verifying your account for the first time, you have to follow these steps;
- First of all, navigate yourself towards the login page for account creation. Now select the option “create a new account with ID.me.”
- Here you can log in by adding an email address and password if you have previously created an account and want to verify with the IRS. But if you don’t have an ID.me account, put your email address and choose a strong password.
- Now select the continue option to use the ID.me IRS verification required account. Press continue a necessary part to access the IRS to verify the ID.me account.
- After pressing continue, you‘ll see the confirm email address option. Confirm the email via the mail that has been sent in your given email address inbox. After confirming, return to the browser where the account has opened.
- In the browser, select the multi-factor authentication option for verification. Here you’ll see three options to choose the photo ID option. Here you can upload the picture of your ID card, passport, or driving license. If you will take the ID photo from your mobile camera instead of a digital copy, enter your phone number showing in the ID.me account. ID.me will send you a link to that number to easily take the picture.
- Follow the instructions after clicking on the photo and taking a picture.
- After taking and uploading the picture, enter the social security number.
- Now review all the information and press the yes button on the screen.
- ID.me will verify your information and let you know via a confirmation text.
- After the confirmation, select the allow and continue button to access the IRS application. This step will share your identity with the IRS.
Support Service of IRS
If you have any questions regarding IRS services, like what if unable to verify your account, you can follow these steps.
- Go to the application login page
- Navigate to the section “What if I cannot verify my account.”
- Click on the relevant link and get info on it
Thus, you can verify your identity on an ID.me account with the IRS. Go and have IRS access to your ID.me account.