Everyone has heard that yeast is ubiquitously found in the air. Now you just have to capture it in a particular medium and grow it. That is in fact fairly easy if you can handle to maintain the growth of bacteria out. It means that yeast is growing in pretty clean environment.
Yeast is a microorganism and consisted of only a single cell. Yeast cells grow very fast than a normal animal cell in a very different way. They can divide themselves through a process known as budding. In budding, a small yeast cell grows large and on its outside a small bud grows outward and finally this bug enlarges in size and becomes mature at certain point. After maturation, it becomes ready to separate or cut off from parent yeast.
Requirements Of Growing Yeast:
In order to grow yeasts at your place in simple way then you have to keep it mind that they require adequate amount of food mostly including sugars as well as favorable conditions. The warmth should be satisfying as should the pH means suitable amount of acidity or basic environment and the presence or absence of oxygen.
Types Of Yeast Species:
There are many different yeast species. But the yeast species which is used to make bread is called Saccharomyces cerevisiae. At the present time yeast producer can grow this particular yeast species in a very controlled approach and giving you an easy access to the valuable ingredient. Yeast has been used in various products of cooking since ages because it brings fine texture and delicate scent to the food.
Fresh Yeast and the dried yeast can be bought from anywhere in the market. But in case of it is not accessible in the market, and then you can easily make Yeast at home. Mostly people prefer to making Yeast at home, instead of taking it from the market. Here we will describe different simple and easy ways of making yeast. No doubt that your homemade yeast will be the fine product you have ever made.
This is the way that you should tried and you will find it worked perfectly.
- Take 500 ml of filtered water
- 1 – 2 Dates, fresh apple pieces, or some other pieces of fresh fruits or vegetables
- 1 Tsp. Honey or Sugar
- Clean Glass Container,
- Jar or bottle
- Lose lid
Mix the Yeast Water
- Clean the jar with hot soda water and rinse it with hot water.
- Put the date into the bottle and add the sugar with water.
- If required, cut the product into smaller pieces to make fit into the bottle.
- Close the lid but and let it a little loose so gas can run away.
- Put the jar at a hot place but away from sunlight.
- Leave the jar for 3 to 8 days but once a day open the lid for a minute to exchange air and release pressure.
- Close the lid and shake the bottle fine to get the oxygen into the water.
- Then un-tighten the lid again.
- Here’s your yeast is ready to use.
Where Does Yeast Used?
We consume yeast to make a multiple type of foods including bread, wine, beer and a lot of biscuits which cannot make without help of the yeast. Yeast has the ability to convert sugars into alcohol through a well known process called fermentation. Yeast can also make carbon dioxide which ensures that your bread rises to become good while proofing.