Most Dell computers have print screen keys that make taking pictures very easy. This key takes a picture of your entire screen or application window, and then places the image on your app’s clipboard. From your clipboard, you can save it to your computer or paste it into another application. If you need to capture your entire screen, press the windows key button and the print screen simultaneously. If you would like to take a screenshot of just part of your screen, you can use the snapper tool instead. We’ll teach you how to take a screenshot on any Dell laptop or computer you have!
How To Do This:
• Navigate to the page you want to take a screenshot from. Anything on your screen (other than your mouse cursor) will be captured when you take your screenshot, the activity bar is included.
• Get the key ⎙ PrtScr. The “Screen Print” key is usually located on the upper right side of Dell’s keyboard. Unlike other computer manufacturer keyboards, the “Print Screen” button usually has no other text on it.
• The “Print Screen” key can be typed in a variety of ways, but “PrtSc” and “Prnt Scr” are very different.
• Find the ⊞ Win button. This button, with the Windows logo on it, is usually located at the bottom left of any Windows computer.
• Press ⊞ Win and ⎙ PrtSc simultaneously. Your screen should blur slightly, indicating that your screenshot has been taken.
• If the screen is not dim, try holding down ⊞ Win and press firmly down ⎙ PrtScr.
• Open the start menu. To do so, press the ⊞ Win button or click the Windows logo in the lower left corner of the screen. The first menu will open with your mouse cursor in the “Search” field.
• Type screenshots in Start. You will see a folder titled “Screenshots” appearing at the top of the first window.
• Click the Screenshots folder. Doing so will open it up; you will be able to get your screenshot inside. Screenshots folder was created in your Pictures folder after taking your first screenshot. Press ⎙ PrtScr. Doing so will copy your screenshot to your computer’s clipboard, which you can attach to an app that will allow you to save as an image. Some Dell keyboards are labeled “PrtSc” in a different color than normal key color (e.g., White). If so, you will need to press Fn in the left corner of the keyboard while pressing ⎙ PrtScr.
• Open the start menu. You can do this by clicking on the Windows icon (Windows Vista and 7) or Start (Windows XP) in the lower left corner of the screen, or you can press the ⊞ Win button.
• Type paint in the start menu. You should see the Paint app appear at the top of the start menu window.