Ray McElrathbey is a famous footballer who has overcome adversity throughout his life. In the year 2020, a film titled “Safety” was released. The story revolved around Ray McElrathbey and his struggles. Furthermore, he had to overcome numerous obstacles to join the Clemson Tigers.
Reginald Alan Hudlin has directed this movie while Mark Thomas Ciardi has produced it, and Nick Santora has written it. However, the film is essentially about finding peace through sports, staying close to family, and moving on with your life despite all of life’s difficulties.
People learned about Ray McElrathbey and his life after watching the film. They began to adore him from the bottom of their hearts. However, Ray’s parents were addicts, but he never gave up and began practicing to become a successful man. Let us discuss Ray McElrathbey wife, parents, biography, and much more.
His full name is Ray Ray McElrathbey who was born on September 26, 1986. The birthplace of Ray is Chicago, Illinois, United States, America. He is an American former footballer as well as a fitness freak. However, the height of Ray is 6 feet 3 inches, while his weight is 88kg. Ray’s age is 34, while his nationality is American, and he belongs to mixed ethnicity.
His nickname is Ray, while the zodiac sign is Libra. The religion of McElrathbey is Christianity. Furthermore, McElrathbey completed his graduation degree in 2008. Following that, he spent half a year at Howard University in Washington. Clemson was where he felt he belonged before transferring to Mars Hill College in the mountains north of Asheville, North Carolina.
Ray McElrathbey family:
Ray was born in Chicago, Illinois, USA, while his parent’s names are Tonya McElrathbey and Raheem Muhammad McElrathbey. His parents were addicts. However, he has seven siblings, out of which two are sisters. The mother of Ray was a drug addict, while his father was a gambling addict.
Furthermore, Ray’s father has gone missing, while in 2016, his mother had sent to a rehabilitation center. Ray McElrathbey’s mother is now completely sober and has re-joined the family, living in Atlanta, Georgia, with Ray McElrathbey’s wife and three children.
However, the childhood of McElrathbey was not good because of his parents. Therefore, he decided to take responsibility for his foster family. He took custody of his 16-year-old brother Fahmarr when he was 19 years old to keep him out of a foster home. McElrathbey began playing football to distract himself from his conditions, and he enjoyed it.
Ray McElrathbey wife:
Ray finally tied the knot with Brittany Cieara, a stunning young lady. McElrathbey is also famous with her name Brit, and she is seven years younger than Ray. She is, however, 27 years old, having been born in 1993.
Moreover, the great footballer had never discussed in detail his personal life. Ray McElrathbey and his wife have three kids. Their names are Ramon, Tristan, and Quick. Ray and his wife loved their kids a lot, and they tried to give their kids a better future. However, Ray is trying his best to be the best father because of his past challenging incidents.
Ray McElrathbey’s brother:
When Ray was 19 years old, he took the custody of his brother named Fahmarr McElrathbey. Because he does not want him to stay with a foster family, Fahmarr, also known as Fay, is 26 years old and will turn 27 this year in 2021. Fehmarn and Ray are currently co-managing Ray Safety Net Foundation with their mother, Tonya.
According to the ESPN report, Ray drove Fahmarr from their hometown of Atlanta to Clemson University in South Carolina. He and Fahmarr have spent most of their lives in Los Angeles. They are working primarily in public service. He worked with Topics, a homeless outreach program, as a behavioral health specialist. Furthermore, Ray also worked on several political campaigns, which allowed him to do two of his favorite things: travel and talk to people.
- Instagram account: https://www.instagram.com/raymcbey/?hl=en
- Twitter account: https://twitter.com/mcelrathbey?lang=en
- Facebook account: https://www.facebook.com/275678631915/posts/ramon-ray-ray-mcelrathbeys-life-has-played-out-like-a-movie-from-the-highs-of-cl/10156415614911916/
Where is Ray McElrathbey now?
Ray indicated in a 2016 interview with the Post and Courier website that he lives in Atlanta, Georgia, with his family. He currently resides in Los Angeles and frequently travels to South Carolina and Atlanta to see his brother.
Furthermore, Ray is active in social media, mainly Instagram. His Instagram handle is raymcbey1, and he has 16.7k followers. Ray Mcelrathbey and his brother Fahmarr, along with their mother Tanya, operate the Ray Safety Foundation. Moreover, his mother is now drug-free. The Safety Foundation assists families that are at risk of being separated due to substance misuse.
Few facts about Ray McElrathbey:
- Ray McelrathBey is a former Clemson Tigers football player.
- He is married, and the name of Ray McElrathbey wife is Brittany Cieara.
- Ray has three kids.
- His father and mother were drug-addicted. However, the mother of Ray is sober now.
- He had been left alone with seven siblings while He had a difficult childhood.
- Ray, his mother, and brother Fahmarr McElrathbey are currently running a foundation.
- Disney’s film “Safety” depicts McelrathBey’s remarkable life story.
- He is known worldwide because of his movie “Safety,” while this movie is a great inspiration for many youngsters.
- Ray won the 2006 FedEx Orange Bowl Courage Award.
- He earned a lot from his profession. However, his net worth is $1 million.
Ray McElrathbey’s adventure had adapted into a film by Disney. When his life was ultimately turned into a movie, he grew emotional. Reginald Hudlin will direct the picture, which will be available on Disney+; it had announced in July 2019. The film, however, will be released on December 11, 2020. However, the film was well-received, and many people learned about Ray McElrathbey’s life. Here we mentioned the cast of the movie “Safety.”
- Jay Reeves as Ray McElrathbey
- Javien Jackson as Young Ray
- Thaddeus J. Mixson as Fahmarr McElrathbey
- Corinne Foxx as Kaycee Stone
- Matthew Glave as Coach Tommy Bowden
- James Badge Dale as Coach Brad Simmons
- Robert Crayton as Coach Brett Slade
- Hunter Sansone as Daniel Morelli
- Miles Burris as Keller
- Isaac Bell as Fresh / Eugene
- Elijah Bell as Pop / Marcus
- Chris Setticase as Tobin
- Stephen Brown as Isaiah
- Luke Tennie as Solomon
- Coco Hillary as Morrow
- Amanda Warren as Tonya McElrathbey
- Tom Nowicki as Dr. Matthews
- Kylee Brown as Shannon