Many issues that may prevent YouTube videos from playing can be reverted to the basic categories:
Reasons Why YouTube Videos Not Playing: When YouTube videos are not playing, it is usually a browser problem. Refreshing the page fixes the problem most of the time, but you may need to refresh your browser or clear your cache.
Many computer problems that prevent YouTube from working require an easy restart. You may got to update your computer at an equivalent time.
Local communication problems can be fixed by removing your modem and your router and reconnecting them. If your internet connection is slow, lowering YouTube video quality will also help.
YouTube Mobile Issues:
Many issues that prevent YouTube videos from playing on mobile devices can be resolved by shutting down and restarting the YouTube app, but you may need to clear the application cache or reinstall the app.
What to Do When YouTube Videos Don’t Play?
When videos suddenly stop playing after watching YouTube for a short time , they’re usually thanks to some sort of problem. This can sometimes be fixed by simply updating the page or closing your browser, but you may need to try a more advanced fix.
In some cases, the matter could also be together with your internet connection, or maybe YouTube itself.
Reasons Why YouTube Videos Not Playing:
Here’s how to make YouTube work again when it stops playing videos:
- Refresh the YouTube page, to see if the video is playing.
- Unplayable video screenshot on YouTube.
- Try adjusting the video quality by clicking on the gear icon at rock bottom of the video. Choose the smallest number available, and check if the video is playing.
- Close your browser, then open it again. If an update is available, allow us to install and try YouTube again.
- Clear your browser’s cache and cookies, then reload the YouTube page. If you are unsure how to do this, check out our guide to clear cache and cookies in all major browsers.
- Turn on private browsing time, and navigate to the YouTube video you are trying to watch. If YouTube works, you may have a problem with your extension, plugin, or Google account.
- Try loading a different web page to make sure your internet connection is working.
- If your internet connection does not work properly, disconnect your modem and router for at least 10 seconds. Then connect them and check out YouTube.
- YouTube and other pages may appear to be loading even if your internet connection is disconnected or limited. This happens when your browser has a version embedded in the available page cache.
- If YouTube videos are about to play, try restarting your computer. At that point, allow your operating system to install updates when it is ready to go.
What If YouTube Videos Have Not Played?
When YouTube uploads, but you can play any videos, the problem may not be on your end. If you’ve tried everything, and YouTube still won’t play videos, you may be looking at the problem with YouTube itself.
An easy way to see if YouTube works perfectly is to try using a different internet-connected device in another way. So if you were trying to watch YouTube on your computer, with your home internet, check if you can watch videos on your phone via its mobile connection.
If that is not an option, you can try the detector service down online. These services use a variety of methods, including user input, to detect malicious YouTube-like platforms.