Are you facing issues with proper sleeping? Do you want to know what is it called and how to overcome it? We are here to solve your problem and inform you about the happenings you are going through. So, stay consistent and read the article to answer your question.
When you face sleeping issues like it’s hard to fall asleep, it is called Insomnia. It is a sleeping disorder where you feel tired when you wake up. It affects your energy level, health, mood, work, and performance. This article will discuss its causes, effects, and preventions.
Types of Insomnia
There are many types of Insomnia, but if we talk about the basic types, there are two types of Insomnia;
- Primary Insomnia: In this type of Insomnia, your sleeping problems are not because of other health issues.
- Secondary Insomnia: In this type of Insomnia, your sleeping problems are because of your other health issues like asthma, depression, cancer, etc.
Some other types of Insomnia are as follows;
- Sleep Maintenance Insomnia
- Mixed Insomnia
- Sleep Onset Insomnia
- Paradoxical Insomnia
- Short term Insomnia
- Long term or chronic Insomnia
If you want to know how to recognize the disorder, the following are the symptoms of the disease.
- Difficulty in falling asleep
- Feeling tired after sleep
- Get up too early in the morning time
- Depressed mood
- Difficulty in concentration
- Problems with memory
- Fatigue and irritability
Causes of Insomnia
Insomnia disorder with short-term conditions is not associated with any particular cause. However, Chronic sleep disorder or Insomnia can be caused by stress, depression, and life events. Following are the common causes of Insomnia;
- Stress: Many problems in a person’s life can pressure them and keep them active at night. These may be relationship problems, financial problems, or any other.
- Routine Schedule: Your routine schedule also affects your internal rhythm. Your body adopts habits according to your proper schedule. Any disturbance in the cycle or schedule can lead to internal disturbances and ultimately cause Insomnia.
- Irregular and fewer sleep habits: Irregular or less sleep is because of an unbalanced schedule and bedtime, extra activities at night like excessive screen use. It interferes with your internal cycle and causes Insomnia.
- Too much eating at night: You should eat a little bit at night or dinner. Too much eating can disturb you physically, and it will disturb your sleep cycle and eventually cause Insomnia.
To prevent Insomnia, you should follow these factors;
- Schedule your sleep and wake uptime
- Stay active all day. It will help you to have a good sleep at night
- Always take medication that will not affect your sleep
- You have to Avoid caffeine, alcohol, and nicotine consumption
- Avoid taking naps
- Avoid too much eating at night
- Make your bedtime relaxing with a warm bath
If you have issues or symptoms like these we discussed in sleeping, You should prevent these things along with the doctor’s instructions.